TERMS AND CONDITIONS - the way we live now
These are our terms and conditions for participation in Hay25 the way we live now
twwln is a “Hay Festivals” project. When we say "Hay Festivals"
we mean all organisations operated by or on behalf of Hay Festival of Literature
& the Arts Ltd or its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates.
twwln is a participatory event organised by Hay Festivals which comprises a questionnaire
designed to invite ideas and opinions from you.
By taking part in twwln you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and all
other terms are expressly excluded.
1. User content
Participants in twwln may submit content for publication on twwln section of the
Hay Festivals website (the "Website"). This content may then be transferred
by us to other areas of the Website and to the websites of our partner Festivals.
When you submit content to us, you agree and represent that you have created this
content, or you have received permission from, or are authorised by, the owner of
the content to submit it to the Hay Festivals’ websites.
You or the owner of the content still own the copyright in the content sent to us,
but by submitting content to us, you are granting us an unconditional, irrevocable,
non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual worldwide licence to
use, publish or transmit, or to authorise third parties to use, publish or transmit
your content in any format and on any platform, either now known or hereinafter
You acknowledge and agree that when you view content provided by others on the Hay
Festivals’ Websites you are doing so at your own discretion and risk, including,
without limitation any reliance you may place on the accuracy, completeness, of
this content. You further acknowledge and agree that the views expressed by other
users in this content (or by you in any content posted by you) do not necessarily
reflect the views of Hay Festivals, and we do not support or endorse any user content.
You acknowledge that we have no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, review, or edit
any content posted by you or any other users on the Hay Festivals’ website.
We reserve the right to refuse to publish, cut, crop or edit your content at our
sole discretion. We may remove your content from the Website at any time.
You warrant that all content you submit to the Website is not obscene, threatening,
harassing, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, offensive,
defamatory of any person or illegal. You warrant further that any content you submit
to the Website does not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright,
or other intellectual or proprietary or privacy right of any party or individual.
Without limitation to any other provision of these terms you agree not to
- post content which is deliberately intended to upset or harm other users;
- use the Website or any other Hay Festivals website to post or otherwise transmit
content that victimises, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group
of individuals on the basis of any impermissible classification, including, without
limitation, religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, creed, ethnicity,
national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, military status or disability;
- post or otherwise transmit any content that contains software viruses or any
other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit
the functionality of any Hay Festivals websites or any computer software or hardware
or telecommunications equipment;
- upload or otherwise transmit any content, or take any other actions with respect
to your use of the Hay Festivals websites, that would constitute, or would otherwise
encourage, criminal conduct or give rise to civil liability; or
- use any Hay Festivals websites for commercial purposes, including, without limitation,
submitting any material to solicit funds or to promote, advertise or solicit the
sale of any goods or services.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Hay Festivals
websites may involve
- transmissions over various networks; and
- changes to content to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting
networks or devices.
Hay Festivals assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings
of content or other information submitted by you or other users to the Website.
Any queries regarding copyright and your content should be directed in the first
instance to email@example.com
2. Disclaimers of liability
- Hay Festivals will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing,
or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to any content
that is part of the Website or any other Hay Festivals website.
- You can access other sites via links from the Website. These sites are not under
our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we do not accept any responsibility
for any content submitted to the Website or any other Hay Festivals website in connection
with twwln or otherwise.
- We give no warranties of any kind concerning either the Website or any other
Hay Festivals website. In particular, we do not warrant that any Hay Festivals website
or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this
respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination
or by anything which has destructive properties which may affect you as a result
of your visiting the Website.
- We give no warranty of any kind in relation to twwln or your participation in
it. Winners who may become entitled to a golden ticket for Hay 26 are chosen at
our sole and absolute discretion.
- Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the
Website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for
any interruption or delay in your access to the Website.
3. Termination of Participation
If you wish to remove content submitted by you for the purposes of twwln from the
Website or from any other Hay Festivals website, you many terminate your participation
in twwln by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you no longer accept these terms and conditions, or any future modification to
these terms and conditions, you must cease using the Hay Festivals websites immediately.
Continued use of the Hay Festivals websites indicates your continued acceptance
of these terms and conditions.
4. Data protection
The email address that you provide on the Website will treated with confidence and
will not be passed on to any third parties. Hay Festivals may use your email address
to send you information about Hay Festivals.
5. No waiver
Our failure to insist upon or enforce any provision of these terms shall not be
construed as a waiver of any other provision or right.
6. Variation of twwln
Hay Festivals reserve the right to terminate, amend the terms of or extend twwln
at its discretion.
7. Choice of Law
The rules for participation in twwln shall be governed by and construed in accordance
with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive
jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising out of these terms and conditions.
Rules Applicable to Selection of Golden Ticket Winners
- A draw will be held at the end of each month commencing on 1st June 2012 and ending
on 30 April 2013 (ie there will be 11 draws prior to Hay Festival Wales 2013). The winner will be awarded
a Double Golden Ticket entitling the winner and one guest to free entry (subject to availability)
to any ten (10) events each day of the Hay Festival Wales 2013 ("Prize").
- All those who have participated in twwln in any month will be automatically entered
into the draw corresponding to the month of receipt of their completed questionnaire
unless they have been removed from twwln because they have breached any of our terms
- A winner will be drawn at random at the end of each calendar month. A participant's
contribution to twwln will play no part in the process of selecting a winner which
shall be based solely on participation in twwln.
- The winner will be notified by email that he has won a Prize using the details he
has provided at the time he applied to become a participant in twwln.
- Within fourteen (14) days of notification the winner must confirm his acceptance of the Prize
awarded, by email. If a winner fails to confirm acceptance within the required time
limit he will forfeit the Prize and a second name will be drawn at random.
- Hay Festival’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding
the outcome of the draw.
- Winners will be issued with a code which they must quote at the Hay Festival box
office when booking tickets. Winners will still require the correct ticket to enter
any event, but this will be issued to them without charge upon quotation of their
- Winners must book tickets at least five (5) days in advance of the event they wish to attend.
- Winners and their guests' tickets are not transferable and may not under any circumstances be sold
to or otherwise used by third parties. If it is discovered a winners' or guests' ticket has
been used by a third party the winner will immediately forfeit any further right
to use the Prize
- A cash alternative to the Prize is not available.
- Tickets at Hay Festivals events are subject to availability and the award of the
Prize does not guarantee entry to any specific event. Early booking of desired events
is accordingly recommended
- Travel, accommodation, expenses and personal insurance is not included in the Prize.
- The winner of the Prize partakes in all activities at his own risk.