Membership lasts for 12 months and costs £25 for single or £40 for double membership and supports the running of the Festival office and our education outreach projects. Young friends membership, for those aged 18 or younger, costs £10.
The Friends of Hay Festival was formed in 1988 to support and raise money for the Festival. Members continue to make a vital contribution to our success and fund the annual Friends Lecture.
Our Friends contribute ideas and recommendations and are our most valued customers. Their investment allows us to fund vital education work, supports our environmental aims and seeds the development of the festival. Friends of the Festival benefit from:
- Priority booking – only Friends are able to book tickets for the first three days after events have been made available for sale.
- Friends entrance to all the main festival venues to avoid the queues.
- Membership cards for quick identification.
- Regular email newsletters.
- Exclusive offers for intimate events.
- The knowledge that your support is helping us to deliver another amazing year at Hay.