Friends membership lasts for 12 months and costs £25 for single or £40 for double membership. Membership fees support the running of the Festival office and our education outreach projects. Young Friends membership, for those aged 16 or younger, costs £15.
The Friends of Hay Festival was formed in 1988 to support and raise money for the Festival. Members continue to make a vital contribution to our success and fund the annual Friends Lecture. Our Friends contribute ideas and recommendations and are our most valued customers. Their investment allows us to fund vital education work, supports our environmental aims and seeds the development of the festival.
Friends of Hay Festival benefit from:
- Priority booking – only Friends are able to book tickets for the first three days after events have been made available for sale.
- Friends entrance to all the main festival venues to avoid the queues.
- Friends membership cards for quick identification.
- Regular email newsletters.
- Exclusive offers for intimate events.
- The knowledge that your support is helping us to deliver another amazing year at Hay.
Friends are offered 3-4 days’ priority booking on all tickets we release for Hay Festival in Wales. This includes all Earlybird tickets and tickets for the Winter Weekend in Hay. We notify all Friends by email at the beginning of any priority booking period: it is very important to respond within the limited time-frame to make the most of your membership, as once this period is over the general public will be notified and booking will be open to all.
Booking tickets as a Friend is easy – there are no membership numbers; you simply log in to our site as a returning customer with the email address and password registered on your Friends account. If you do not have a password please request a new one via the forgotten password link and follow the instructions. When viewing the programme during a priority booking period, only those logged in as Friends will be able to see and use the add to basket button.