Enter for a chance to win A GOLDEN TICKET and a 3-night stay at Hay Festival over the Bank Holiday weekend (Friday 25, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 May 2018) in a Bedouin Tent by the River Wye on Tangerine Fields and within walking distance of the Festival site.
As our national bookseller, Waterstones occupies an increasingly important role in the British cultural landscape, delivering a rich, thoughtful diversity of reading to book lovers across the entire country. Independently owned, Waterstones is flourishing as a platform and partner to the British publishing industry, helping to secure a future where all forms of bookselling can happily thrive.
Waterstones is providing the chance to experience the fabulous Hay Festival in complete, unbound luxury by entering the unique Waterstones Golden Tickets competition. For the winner, a three-night stay in an extraordinary Bedouin tent awaits, the perfect place to relax after enjoying five pairs of event tickets of the prize winner’s choice, subject to availability.
The Bedouin is in easy walking distance of the Festival. Those Bedouin tent masters Tangerine Fields will be on hand to guarantee an experience that will long live in the heart and mind.
The stay itself commences on Friday 25 May, taking you right through to Bank Holiday Monday for an absolutely unforgettable long weekend.
To select which events you'd like to attend please see the Hay Festival programme pages.
1. These terms and conditions apply to the prize draw titled Hay Festival Golden Ticket Prize Draw. No purchase is necessary. Please enter your name, email address and contact details in the spaces provided. Entries must be received by 11.59pm on the closing date of 18/05/2018. Only one entry per person or email address is allowed
2. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and be residents of the UK, Ireland, The Netherlands or Belgium. This prize draw is not open to employees or contractors of the Promoter or their immediate families, nor to any other person connected with the prize draw< br /> 3. There will be one prize winner, who will win a Golden Ticket to the 2018 Hay Festival. The prize includes a pair of tickets to 5 events of the winner's choice from the whole programme (subject to availability). The prize also includes a 3-night stay over the Bank Holiday weekend (Friday 25, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 May 2018) in a Bedouin tent by the River Wye on Tangerine Fields and within walking distance of the Festival site. Please note transport is not included in any part of the prize and winners will need to make their own way to and from the Festival< br /> 4. The Prize is subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the Prize or offer an alternative Prize of equal or greater value. No cash alternative will be offered. The Prize is non-transferable
5. A random draw supervised by the Promoter will take place within 2 working days of 18/05/2018 to select the winner(s). The Prize winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email, and will need to respond by midnight within one week of the date of contact. If a selected winner does not meet all of the necessary conditions or refuses the Prize, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries
6. The decision of the Promoter is final
7. By entering the prize draw, entrants consent to the use of their names, city or county of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by the Promoter (and in the case of there being more than one, each of them) without payment or compensation
8. The Promoter may terminate, amend or withdraw this prize draw and/or these terms and conditions at any time
9. All entries become the property of Hay Festival of Literature and the Arts, who assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries nor for any entries that fail to be submitted for any technical reason whatsoever. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for contacting entrants or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information nor for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry
10. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source will be disqualified
11. For the name/county of the prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked “Hay Festival Golden Ticket Prize Draw” to The Drill Hall, 25 Lion Street, Hay-on-Wye HR3 5AD after 22/05/2018. No entries should be sent to this address
12. Entry to the prize draw is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are governed by English Law. By clicking on the 'Enter to Win' button above you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms
Promoter: Waterstones Booksellers Limited (“Waterstones”), on behalf of itself and its associated companies in Ireland, The Netherlands and Belgium and Hay Festival.