The EFFE Label is awarded to organisations after being evaluated by international experts in the festival world. The awarded festivals fulfill a minimum of 7 out of these 10 quality standards.
These festivals are embedded in the European artistic, cultural and social reality as well as:
- presenting a coherent and curated artistic programme;
- supporting on-going artistic development (some examples of this are: offering residencies to artists, contributing to new creations, and supporting artistic research);
- providing opportunities for upcoming or innovative artists to create or to be presented in your programme;
- being rooted in its’ local community fostering local connections in the programme and among the performers/ performances. The festival involves local artists as well as local audiences in its projects;
- helping to increase access to culture and attract diverse audiences. (some examples include different socio-economic backgrounds, age groups, genders, and cultures);
- taking measures to be more sustainable. This can refer to environment, economics, business models, and social impacts;
- helping to shape, encourage and promote intercultural experiences for your audiences and artists;
- embracing inclusivity as a core principle and practice;
- investing in innovation and capacity building;
- engaging with audiences, for example through educational programmes.
More information about Europe for Festivals, Festivals for Europe, at FestivalFinder.eu.